IS FUNDSPOT FREE?
It is completely free to create an account and start one or more active fundraising campaigns on FundSpot. However, (as is the industry standard) platform fees and merchant processing fees are charged on the donations received. Depending on the payment structure the donor chooses, these transaction fees will either be taken out of your portion of the donation, or as many campaigns do, allow the donor to pay them as part of their donation. Our default option is to let the donor choose at checkout whether to incur the processing fees, or to pass the fees to you.
Most often the donor agrees to pay the platform and processing fees, in which case your bank account will receive the entire donation. Regardless, these fees are deducted before the funds are sent to your bank account.
Check out our Pricing Page for further details.
WHO RECEIVES THE DONATIONS THAT MY CAMPAIGN RAISES?
The Account Owner receives the donations from the one or more campaigns created under that account.
When campaigns are created, they are always created within an account. Examples of accounts would be churches, schools, missions organizations, club sports associations, etc. Each account might have multiple campaigns going at any given time. It is the responsibility of the account holder to allocate the donations according to the campaigns that were donated to.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS TO SET UP CAMPAIGNS?
It’s actually very easy to set up your account and start one or more, simultaneous campaigns. However, once set up, your campaigns would benefit most by maximizing the content, images, videos, campaign members, challenges, PR, and social media within each campaign.
Here’s the basic process:
1) Set Up Your Account: You'll begin by creating your very own FundSpot Master Account.
2) Add One Or More Active Campaigns: Within your Master Account you can create one or many campaigns to be funded. For each campaign you will tell a compelling story about a specific event or cause, and how the donations will be used. You’ll also want to set up Challenges & Milestones to increase attention.
3) Invite Others To Become FundSpot Campaign Members: There is power in volume. Campaigns benefit greatly by having active members (close friends, family, teammates, committee members) to assist with the heavy lifting. They will set up their own profiles (within your campaign) and add their own content, photos and videos. They can even create personal challenges.
4) Sharing Your Message: It’s now time to broadcast your campaigns to the world through email, social media, and PR. FundSpot makes this super easy.
5) Maximizing Your Efforts: Each FundSpot user is provided a personal dashboard where you are able to start, stop, update, add to, repost, search, and donate.
TO UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS IN MORE DETAIL, CHECK OUT OUR HOW IT WORKS PAGE!
ARE DONATIONS MADE TO MY CAMPAIGN TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
Donations made to campaigns with Account Owners recognized as a US-Based 501(c)3 charitable or non-profit organization SHOULD be 100% tax deductible if donations are not given in exchange for products. For instance, any product or benefit like popcorn, CDs, show tickets would impact that deductibility. It is the responsibility of the account owner to provide to each donor a tax-exempt donation receipt at the end of the year, when appropriate.
SHOULD I DONATE TO MY OWN FUNDSPOT CAMPAIGN?
Definitely! We call it "giving by example" and actually highly recommend that you be the first one in line to donate to your own FundSpot Fundraiser. Why? Because it shows your friends that you're serious about investing your time, talents and treasure in a cause you are passionate about, even if it's for you personally. Maybe even more importantly, it also lets you experience the experience the process as a donor so that you can fill in any holes in the user experience, such as more content, photos, or videos.
By the way...It's easy to donate to your own FundSpot, simply go to your own Campaign page, and click the "Donate Now" button.
DO PEOPLE NEED A FUNDSPOT ACCOUNT TO DONATE TO ME?
Nope! We make it easy for anyone to donate to your FundSpot campaign/event without an account of their own. However, they will have to complete the required credit card processing information. A donor can elect to create a FundSpot account if they choose, especially if donors anticipate being a "serial giver", and/or think they’ll start a campaign of their own.
FYI, the donation process is really no different than buying a book on Amazon. It’s familiar, fast, and easy.